Rubber tubing moves liquid and gasses in hydraulic, pneumatic, medical, and industrial processes. The rubber tubings are flexible and sturdy. Rubber tubings are formed using natural and synthetic rubbers. Manufacturers can convert the latex of natural rubber into rubber tubing. Synthetic rubbers are artificial rubbers. Read More…
NewAge® Industries, Inc.Southampton, PA | 800-506-3924
We are rubber tubing experts, and we have been since our founding in 1954. We serve the entire world with quality tubing products right from the heart of Pennsylvania.$$$
Atlantic Rubber Company, Inc.Littleton, MA | 800-882-3666
As the largest in-house pure gum inventory carrier in the U.S., Atlantic Rubber Company has cost-effective and resilient rubber tubing. We carry a variety of materials so that we can make the best product for your needs.$$$
Britech IndustriesStuart, FL | 772-286-9278
Manufacturer of standard and custom rubber tubing. Made of EPDM, neoprene, nitrile, dense, recovery sponge rubber and silicone compounds. Secondary processes such as die cutting, notching, and glue splicing are offered.$$$
GSH Industries, Inc.Cleveland, OH | 440-238-3009
Established in 1986, GSH Industries supplies plastic, aluminum and rubber tubing to an array of industries including automotive, consumer, marine and electrical.$$$
Thomas A. Caserta, Inc.Robbinsville, NJ | 800-394-2807
Custom manufactured extruded rubber goods have been Thomas A. Caserta’s specialty since 1948. Our rubber extrusions include rubber bushings, rubber cord, gaskets, rubber tubing and washers. We use a variety of materials — Viton® SBR, Silicone, Neoprene, Nitrile and EPDM. Contact us for your needs.$$$
Rubber tubings are differentiated by rubber-based materials used in their production. Black rubber tubing is made by adding black color to natural or synthetic rubber. The rubber material is known for its elasticity, flexibility, tear resistance, stretch, and thermal stability up to certain temperatures. There are many types of synthetic rubbers used for black tubing production. These are as follows:
Butyl rubber material has excellent chemical, ozone, heat resistance, and low gas permeability.
Isoprene is a fat-free derivative of natural rubber with high abrasion resistance.
Nitrile rubber has high wear, chemical, and temperature resistance. It is also highly resilient.
Polychloroprene is an ozone, heat, and oil-resistant synthetic material.
Styrene-Butadiene is an inexpensive material with good tensile strength, flexibility, and heat resistance. This material is also inexpensive.
Characteristics of Black Rubber Tubing
The following are the characteristics of black rubber tubing:
- Black neoprene rubber tubing is made of high-quality, flexible materials.
- It has a high-temperature range and is also highly durable.
- Black rubber tubing has good abrasion, weather, and aging resistance.
- Black rubber tubing is easy to cut and available in a wide range of diameters according to its application.
- Black rubber tubing is a good option for transferring a wide range of liquids, including oil-based liquids.
- Black rubber tubings are highly flexible and are therefore used in corners and tight surfaces for transferring liquids.
- Black rubber tubings are good conductors of electricity, so they are not recommended for electrical environments.
- Black rubber tubings are non-resistant to easter lubricants, so they aren’t best for refrigerators.
Manufacturing of Black Rubber Tubing
As discussed earlier black rubber tubing is made from natural and synthetic rubber. The latex or sap released from natural rubber is used to manufacture black rubber tubing. The latex is mixed with water and other chemicals to thicken its texture. When it is thickened to the desired level, black dye is added.
Black rubber tubing can be manufactured through an extrusion process or a mandrel process.
In the extrusion process, the raw, unvulcanized black rubber is fed to the extruder, then put into the die. The amount of temperature and pressure applied depends on the type of tubing being produced. Sulfur is used for its vulcanization.
In mandrel process, the rolls or mandrel are dipped into the black rubber material. Then they are heated or vulcanized to be made inelastic and stiff. This process can create Vehicle tires and shoe soles.
Applications of Black Rubber Tubing
- Black rubber tubing is the best option in corners, small spaces, and whenever it’s best to hide the tubing.
- Black rubber tubing is best for the absorption and retention of heat; therefore, it’s often used as an insulator. It’s used in pond filters to reduce the chance of water freezing.
- Black rubber tubings are widely used in the automotive industry, households, and laboratories to protect pipes and tubes and to transfer liquids and gases.
- Black rubber tubings are also used in schools, laboratories, outdoors, and in water taps for the safe transfer of liquids and diluted acids.